JOB TITLE: Practice Transformation Coach
LOCATION: Little Rock, Arkansas
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION:
As a member of the Practice Transformation team the Practice Coach manages a caseload of practices involved in one or more areas of practice transformation, including but not limited to Patient Centered Medical Home activities. Responsible for working with initiatives and practices to facilitate redesign efforts, support achievement towards improved process and clinical outcomes, increase efficiency that results in increased patient, provider and health care team satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Serve as the primary liaison, teacher, coach, and facilitator for practices participating in AFMC sponsored practice transformation activity.
2. Establish and maintain a supportive, collegial role with provider practices engaged in improvement activity, particularly including assigned practices and their individual improvement team members.
3. Coach practices using a standardized approach based on AFMC protocols.
4. Link practices to available external resources, such as group learning opportunities, to meet specific practice needs which may extend beyond those that are met by the Coach or their team.
5. Utilize the identified AFMC Change Package and subsequent related high-leverage changes in supporting the practice in establishing its overall improvement aim and required outcome.
6. Participate in the planning, hosting and presenting at AFMC learning collaboratives.
7. Effectively collaborate within and across AFMC teams.
8. Assist and support in summarizing and disseminating experience-related learning by way of team updates, written reports/articles, and /or presentations as called for by management.
9. Maintain collegial relationships with AFMC external partners including, but not limited to, collaborating organizations, funders, and stakeholders
10. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
11. Understand and utilize project-tracking database to document site and telephone visits to compile a comprehensive database of outreach activity. Maintain accurate statistical data to meet contractual and other reporting requirements.
12. Assist in the creation and maintenance of necessary forms, publications, reports, and additional documents to track and report project information. Prepare monthly reports and/or statistics as directed.
13. Assist in the development, production, maintenance and delivery of educational materials/ activities.
14. Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality.
15. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPPA compliance.
16. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress and ability to travel as needed. Must be able to lift and transport 25 pounds. Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Position requires ability to work in an office environment with the flexibility to work remotely, potentially travel throughout the state, with occasional overnight stays, and manage the stress of meeting multiple deadlines and handling interruptions to on-going work activities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in health sciences field, business or related field 
Required: Three (3) years in clinic or hospital management role
Desirable: Have functioned as a practice manager. Certification in one of the following: Certified Professional in
Health Information Technology (CPHIT), Certified Medical Practice Executive, Certified Professional Coder, Certified Professional in Electronic health Records (CPEHR), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Intermediate level computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
Type 50 wpm
Exceptional skills in business English and spelling are required
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and group facilitation skills
Professional and positive interpersonal communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
Knowledge of ICD 9 Coding
Knowledge of HIT/EHR
Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public
Ability to multitask
Ability to prioritize
Strong organizational skills
Problem solving skills
Project management skills
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations
Knowledge of quality improvement processes and techniques
Valid driver’s license
Extensive travel including overnight travel required
Time management skills
Ability to work overtime as needed
Regular and punctual attendance
 Five (5) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.