JOB TITLE: Manager, PCMH
LOCATION: Little Rock, Arkansas
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for coordinating and oversight of the integrated AFMC Patient Centered Medical Home department. This position develops and manages the AFMC PCMH program and services designed to assist primary practices implement patient-centered care through a proven Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model. The position will lead the Practice Transformation team(s) in implementing the PCMH initiatives for primary care practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Effectively monitor and manage the activities of practice coach field staff regarding physician recruitment and milestone achievement to meet PCMH requirements; providing direction and guidance on an ongoing basis.
2. Responsible for coordinating and overseeing statewide AFMC PCMH implementation initiatives and the delivery of support services.
3. Provide independent evaluations of systems and policies.
4. Support the planning, development and implementation of PCMH requirements, software, data standards and
coordinate with other departments for team development and participation.
5. Work with team members to communicate and educate health care providers regarding assessment, planning, selection, implementation, and evaluation of PCMH.
6. Develop the tools and curriculum to support the PCMH process.
7. Collaborate with team members to develop strategies to implement PCMH initiatives throughout the state of Arkansas.
8. Represent AFMC when working with other local, state and national entities involved in scaling PCMH services in AR.
9. Coordinate the overall assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of PCMH solutions for health care providers.
10. Serve as an expert resource and adviser on PCMH to internal and external customers. Provide technical support and training as needed.
11. Understand and utilize project-tracking databases to document, collect, and interpret data to meet contractual and other reporting requirements. Maintain accurate statistical data. Monitor and report on activities and evaluation metrics for progress.
12. Maintain log of all on-site and telephonic visits, including date, time, location, name, topics covered, feedback received and recommendations made from the visit. The log should be entered into the project tracking system or other electronic file storage within five (5) days of visit.
13. Communicate PCMH data, AFMC project goals, performance indicators, and designated timelines to appropriate audiences.
14. Communicate effectively with internal and external clients.
15. Assist in the communication and decision for practice appropriate PCMH investments.
16. Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners and other constituents to achieve expected goals.
17. Coordinate, implement and fully integrate PCMH into physician practices by providing training, workflow redesign, support service and other initiatives to increase provider participation.
18. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of PCMH specialty area, pertinent expert organizations, and health care market receptivity. Familiarity with the following is expected: contracts, contract deliverables, policies and procedures, resources available, current research, trends, etc.
19. Be able to demonstrate methods, applications, and practices to inform external customers considering practice transformation investments, potential return on investments, and other criteria necessary to implement the program.
20. Identify program problems and seek solutions that can respond to individual practices while adapting them to prevent the problem in other PCMH practices.
21. Create and conduct learning collaborative sessions among participating practices to advance adoption of the model and increase refinement of the model.
22. Conduct periodic outreach presentations to facilitate the health care community’s adoption of practice transformation.
23. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
24. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Must be able to lift 20 pounds. Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Position requires potential travel throughout the state, with occasional overnight stays and manage the stress of meeting multiple deadlines and handling interruptions to on-going work activities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in health care, health science, business, information technology or related field required 
Required: Five (5) years experience in physician office, clinic or hospital management role and has implemented a PCMH in a physician’s office setting.
Desirable: Have functioned as a practice manager. Certification in one of the following: Certified Professional in
Health Information Technology (CPHIT), Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE), Certified Professional
Coder, Certified Professional in Electronic health Records (CPEHR), Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Type 50 wpm
Strong skills in business English and spelling are required
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong oral communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
Knowledge of ICD 9 Coding
Knowledge of HIT/EHR
Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public
Ability to multitask
Ability to prioritize
Strong organizational skills
Problem solving skills
Project management skills
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations
Ability to develop and implement strategic plans
Strong public speaking skills
Knowledge of quality improvement processes and techniques
Ability to travel including overnight travel
Time management skills
Ability to work overtime as needed
Regular and punctual attendance
 Five (5) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.