JOB TITLE: Implementation Specialist, HITArkansas
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for research, implementation, integration, coordination and monitoring of health information technology (HIT) efforts and activities for the Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center team. Work with team members to educate and assist health care providers with the assessment, planning, selection, implementation and evaluation of electronic medical records. Collaborate with HIT Director, Quality Specialist, Provider Outreach representatives and other professional staff to accomplish goals within designated timeframes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Collaborate with team members to develop strategies to implement electronic health records and other health information technologies in provider offices across the state of Arkansas.
2. Coordinate the overall assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of HIT solutions for health care providers in the state according to contract deliverables and timelines. Coordinating on-site reviews when requested.
3. Serve as a resource and advisor on HIT to internal and external customers. Provide technical support and training as needed.
4. Maintain log of all on-site and telephonic visits, including date, time, location, name, topics covered, feedback received and recommendations made from the visit. The log should be entered into the project tracking system or other electronic file storage within five (5) days of visit.
5. Communicate HIT data, HITREC project goals, performance indicators, and designated timelines to appropriate target audiences.
6. Identify, present, and discuss progress and issues relating to focus areas and suggest solutions to assist in program development.
7. Communicate effectively with internal and external clients. Represent HITREC at various external functions.
8. Implement periodic outreach presentations and educational programs to facilitate the health care community’s participation in HIT adoption and utilization.
9. Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality.
10. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
11. Additional duties as Assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress. Must be able to lift and transport 20 pounds. Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in health care related field or computer sciences 
Desirable: One of the following certifications:
Certified Professional in Health Information Technology (CPHIT)
Certified Professional in Electronic Health Records (CPEHR)
Certified Professional in Health Information Exchange (CPHIE)
Required: Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in physician office or ambulatory care setting
Two (2) years experience in quality improvement and health information technology
Desirable: Two (2) years experience in quality improvement and health information technology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate skill level with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Type 40 wpm
Strong skills in business English and spelling are required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Coaching skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Customer service
Ability to delegate as required
Ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations
- Strong public speaking skills
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and techniques
- Valid driver’s license
- Extensive in state travel including overnight travel required
- Time management skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Regular and punctual attendance
 Five (5) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.