JOB TITLE: Specialist Computer Support
LOCATION: Fort Smith, Arkansas
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Support the corporate information system in the maintenance of computer network systems, equipment and software. Installs, modifies and repairs computer hardware and software. Provide access to and user support for SDPS system. Provide technical assistance and relevant training and education of computer related functions to system users.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assess user and system needs and recommend appropriate hardware and software for purchase and/or installation. Assist in the coordination and purchase of software and hardware for personal computers and network.
2. Install computer hardware and software according to system and/or user specifications.
3. Monitor AMFC corporate network and SDPS system to verify correct system operation.
4. Maintain computer hardware and software and ensure optimum performance. Clean, repair and replace equipment as needed. 5. Perform network back-ups and monthly system maintenance.
6. Provide user support diagnosing problem and taking appropriate corrective action. Document services performed in work order system. Coordinate service with other internal and external service providers.
7. Instruct users in use of computer hardware and software. Communicate system updates and application changes to users.
8. Communicate with programmers and analysts to explain software errors or recommend changes to programs.
9. Prepare and submit reports as assigned or requested.
10. Communicate needs and requests to other team members as appropriate.
11. Adhere to format, content and style guidelines, giving consideration to usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency and quality.
12. Follow AFMC, state and federal protocols regarding data confidentiality/security and HIPAA compliance.
13. Additional duties as assigned.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices):
Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to remain calm under stress, ability to make independent decisions and ability to travel. Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Required: Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems/Networks or related field 
Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems/Networks or related field
Required: Two (2) years in a computer support role including the following areas: Windows Server and environment experience; Network Cabling, all hardware, HUB and Router experience, disk mapping; Proficient in Windows OS and applications, proficient in MS Office
Desirable: Database experience with Access, Oracle and SQL Server
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Advanced skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Type 50 wpm
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines
Attention to detail
Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals
Ability to relate professionally and positively with staff, business partners, customers, constituents, recipients and the public
Ability to multitask
Ability to prioritize
Strong organizational skills
Problem solving skills
Ability to travel including overnight travel
Time management skills
Ability to work overtime as needed
Regular and punctual attendance
 Three (3) years work experience in related field may be substituted for the Associate’s degree. If work experience is substituted it is in addition to stated work experience requirements.