What is Non-Emergency Transportation (NET)?
- As a Medicaid client, you may be eligible to get a ride to and from your primary care provider (PCP) appointments or other covered medical services.
- You do not have to pay anything.
- You can go to a specialist outside your local area if you have a referral from your PCP.
- NET will only take you to and from Medicaid-covered services.
Who can use NET?
- You must be on Medicaid or ARKids First Plan A.
- You must try to find another ride first – maybe with friends or family members.
- You must not have any other way to get to your appointment.
You cannot use NET if you
- Are in a nursing home
- Are a qualified Medicare beneficiary (QMB)
- Are in an intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID)
- Use ARKids First Plan B
What is the NET Help Line?
- A toll-free number (888-987-1200, Option 1) that helps you with your questions, comments, complaints and suggestions about NET services.
- The Help Line will not arrange rides for you. They can help you find out who your broker is, but you will need to call your broker to arrange rides.
When you call
- Have your Medicaid ID ready.
- Tell the broker why you need a ride.
- Provide your name, address and phone number of the health care provider.
- Provide the day and time of the appointment.
- Your broker will access your need for services.
- Your broker takes reservations from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on state holidays).
- Your broker will pick you up as needed if you have an appointment for chemotherapy, radiation therapy or dialysis.
- If you must travel outside your region, you will need a referral from your doctor. Ask the PCP to send the referral to your NET broker.
How do I schedule an NET ride?
- Find out who the NET broker is for the area where you live.
- If you cannot find your broker on the NET map, you can call the Medicaid Transportation Help Line toll-free at 888-987-1200, option 1. We can help you find your broker and how to contact them.
- Call the NET broker in your region at least 48 hours (two whole days) before your appointment. (Do not count Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays.) For example, if you need a ride to your PCP on Monday, you will need to call no later than Thursday.
Frequently Asked Questions
To tell us about a problem, you can contact us:
Beneficiary Relations Specialist
1020 West 4th Street, Suite 300,
Little Rock, AR 72201
NET Help Line: 888-987-1200, Option 1